I stepped on a bee last weekend and my toe is still red, swollen and firm. Can't bend it. Not sure if stinger is still in. Suggestions?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Stinger probably in

See your foot specialist tomorrow.
Stinger is probably still in place. Soak in warm soapy water 20 min and cover with antibiotic ointment and a band aid as a precaution. Dr l.

In brief: Stinger probably in

See your foot specialist tomorrow.
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: Possible Infection

You need to get seen.
A toe that is red, swollen/firm has an infection (cellulitis). You may need antibiotics (I.V. Antibiotics possible).

In brief: Possible Infection

You need to get seen.
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely

In brief: See a doctor

You need to have the toe & foot examined to make sure there is not infection starting and to make sure the stinger is not still in the skin.
You can try to soak the toe in luke warm water with epsom salt to dry to soothe it. It may help to draw the stinger to the surface if it is still there.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Thomas Ellis

In brief: Possibly infected

At this point you need to get it checked out to make sure there is not a secondary infection.

In brief: Possibly infected

Dr. Thomas Ellis
Dr. Thomas Ellis