Why do my hands get tingly and stiff upon standing and fingers get straight, thumb straight and pushed in. Sometimes in forearms every time I stand up?

Dr. Kevin Teal
Neurosurgery

In brief: Needs evaluation

Sounds concerning for some cervical canal narrowing that worsens if you stand and extend your neck.
A cervical MRI can assess for any spinal cord/canal concerns. If you are nervous or hyperventilating, that may play a role also. Neck pain, and hand numbness after a night of sleeping raises more concern for your neck being the source.

In brief: Needs evaluation

Dr. Kevin Teal
Dr. Kevin Teal
Dr. Daniel Mass
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Intrinsic spasm

This sounds like an intrinsic spasm. This is usually caused by irritation of the ulnar nerve at the elbow.
But your occurs with standing so i would be examined for a lower cervical disk.

In brief: Intrinsic spasm

Dr. Daniel Mass
Dr. Daniel Mass
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology