What should I do if I hurt my wrist golfing, possibly sprained, 3 weeks ago, never treated it or iced it, and it still hurts. (iced in the 3rd week)?

Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Wrist sprain

You may just sprained the wrist.
Try a wrist support and anti-inflammatory for a week. If no improvement seek a medical evaluation.

In brief: Wrist sprain

You may just sprained the wrist.
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine

In brief: See orthopedist

If it has been 3 weeks then you should have it evaluated to rule out ligament or tendon strains/tears or even subtle fractures.
Basic treatment consists of resting, use of a over the counter wrist splint, avoidance of painful activities, icing especially if re- irritated by ongoing activity, and use of anti-inflammatories.

In brief: See orthopedist

Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine