I'm currently taking escitalopram 10mg . Is it ok if I miss a week of not taking it?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Escitalopram stoping

I f you abruptly stop takin this drug, you may feel certain mild and temporary symptoms like dizziness, pin and needles, electric shock sensation, sleeping problems like vivid dreams, nightmares and insomnia, feeling anxious, restless and agitated, nausea and vomiting, tremors, confusion, headaches, visual disturbances and irregular heartbeats.
These symptoms depend on how long you were taking the drug

In brief: Escitalopram stoping

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Chris Esguerra

In brief: Talk to you doctor

Escitalopram or Lexapro (escitalopram) is a good antidepressant that lasts about 24-35 hours in your body.
By not taking it for a week, you are effectively washing it out of your system, putting yourself at risk of a relapse of depression and/or anxiety. Best to check in with your doctor before doing this.

In brief: Talk to you doctor

Dr. Chris Esguerra
Dr. Chris Esguerra
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Missed doses

Many antidepressants take a couple weeks for full effect; so missing a dose now & then probably won't result in any drastic mood changes.
Escitalopram works more quickly. After a week of missed doses, you (or those around you) may notice your mood/affect has reverted to that before starting med. If at all possible, try not to miss so many doses.

In brief: Missed doses

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Missed doses

Recommend going back to same dose before you stopped, assuming it was helping.

In brief: Missed doses

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali