I heard of a holistic doctor doing muscle testing to determine gluten allergy. This does not sound right to me. Any science to back it up?

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: NO

Muscle testing is not a valid method to diagnose any form of allergy or other adverse reaction to food.

In brief: NO

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter

In brief: NO

Please steer clear of charlatans like these.
Trust your instincts. Gluten proteins generally do not stimulate the body to produce ige antibodies, the type of antibodies scientifically defined by the term "allergy." celiac disease is a disorder in which the body produces IgA antibodies directed at gluten, not ige antibodies, so as such it is not really an"allergy" anyway. Gi doctors diagnose it.

In brief: NO

Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Dr. Barbara Stark Baxter
Dr. Peter Kurzweil