Dermatillomania is what I have and most doctors don't even know what it is or how to treat it! i've tried everything from wearing gloves, I need help!?

Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Meds and Therapy

Dermatillomania is a type of compulsive behavior, usually accompanied by anxiety.
It is very possible that you would benefit from trying one of the antidepressants know as the ssris, which can be helpfu for compulsive behaviors. In addition, therapy could be helpful both in terms of working on relaxation skills as well as other strategies for trying to contain this behavior.

In brief: Meds and Therapy

Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Psychotherapy

Psychotherapy and medications for obsessive-compulsive disorder can help.

In brief: Psychotherapy

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines