My kidney test showed it was 1.53. Is that good or bad and what can I do to better it?

Dr. Quresh Khairullah
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: See below
That is probably levated and points to reduced kidney function.
Your doctor is referring to a creatinine level, from which it is better to calculate the gfr, if the GFR is less than 90 it is more accurate need to find out why that is so, consult a nephrologist for any reversibility and if not how to prevent further deteriration.

In brief: See below
Dr. Quresh Khairullah
Dr. Quresh Khairullah
Dr. Dan Fisher
In brief: OK. Don't worry.
I assume this is a creatinine value in mg/ml.
1.53 is a bit above normal but depends upon age, weight, race, prior measurements, current meds, and no interfering substance in urine. Talk with the person who ordered the test as they know why they were checking it. In general there is no need to make your kidney numbers better. Avoid things that might hurt your kidneys - nsaids and dehydration.

In brief: OK. Don't worry.
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Marsha Davis