I am allergic to shellfish and need to take a calcium supplement. What kind of supplement is safe for me?

Ca Supplementation. Virtually any calcium supplement will be safe. Your allergy to shellfish is to a protein in the muscle known as tropomyosin and if this is not usually an ingredient found in vitamin supplements.
Shellfish allergy. Calcium carbonate (tums) or Calcium Gluconate are safe, but read the bottle for any shellfish components. Or simply increase your dairy intake...Milk, cheeses, yogurt.