When ect is recommended for depression? I've been four years with on/off depression. Proved a lot of pharmaceutical therapy with my doctor.

In brief: Also psychotherapy

In some situations psychotherapy may be the treatment of choice.
Psychopharmacology is usually essential when there is major depression and ECT can be life saving in resistant depression . However, frequently psychotherapy is extremely helpful as an adjunct with the above treatments and in some cases may be the only therapy necessary.

In brief: Also psychotherapy

Dr. Michael Blumenfield
Dr. Michael Blumenfield
Dr. QH TRAN
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: ECT is recommended

Best to have a visit with a psychiatrist who does ECT who can evaluate your treatments the last four years.
Ect is a very effective and underutilized treatment. It is a good option for anyone with severe depression at any treatment stage.

In brief: ECT is recommended

Dr. QH TRAN
Dr. QH TRAN