My 4 month old daughter has redness around her eyes. It's the skin that's red above her eyebrow, on her eyelid & under her eye. What could cause this?

Eye Redness. Redness aournd the eyes and be due to a number of reasons: 1) children are notorius for scratching and itching around the eye with resultant irritation, 2) allergic reaction and most concerning 3) periorbital cellulitis which requires antibiotics or 4) orbital cellulitis which is a eye emergency and requires antibiotics. You should have daughter evaluated by primary physician.
A couple things. The usual cause is infantile seborrhea, a rash that is common in the first few months of life. It is the same thing as cradle cap and the eyelids and eye brows are common locations. It is believed to be due to the balance of hormones in this age group due to withdrawal from the mother's hormones. Eczema is another common cause.