When I drink water my side and stomach starts to hurt?

Hmm. I'd need get some more clarifying info to try to give you more complete thoughts, but sometimes water alone will trigger heartburn symptoms in people. Here are some thoughts & questions for you to talk to your doc about: plain water or flavored/carbonated? Happen w/ anything else? Skipping meals often? Blood in stool? Dark tarry stools? Other meds/med probs? Nausea/vomiting? Other sx? Good luck!
Too much? How long has this been happening? How much water are you drinking? Are you exercising soon before or after you are drinking water? Describing the type of pain and how long it's lasting will help get a more detailed answer.