Is an hb of 9.4 too low? Have aches and pains in muscles and joints for the last 2 months and unable to run my 10k runs three times a week :(

Dr. Christopher Dowd
A person with a hb of 9.
4 would indicate anemia, or low red blood cell counts. It's not a severe anemia, but it's also not surprising that it'd be tough to run 10k with this level of anemia. The question would be why is the anemia present, and for that an evaluation by a physician is needed. I'd suggest bringing up your other sx as well as that may be helpful to the physician.

A person with a hb of 9.
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Christopher Dowd
B12 deficiency can cause anemia and other symptoms and might be a part of the workup when you see your physician. Best wishes!
Dr. Vicken Poochikian