My husband has big lump on lower lip that is definately not a cold sore. Any idea what it may be. Last night he said it felt like he had bit his lip.?

In brief: Mucocele?
He may have a mucocele, which is a mucous filled cyst that can occur on the inner mucosal surface of the mouth.

In brief: Mucocele?
Dr. Roman Bronfenbrener
Dr. Roman Bronfenbrener
Dr. Seng Yea
General Practice
In brief: Traumatic swelling
Without looking at the bump, it is difficult to completely diagnosis the swelling.
But if your husband stated that he had bit his lip, it's very possibly just a swelling from lip biting. If that's the case, then it would mostly likely go away in a couple of weeks. I would recommend an exam by your medical doctor or your dentist.

In brief: Traumatic swelling
Dr. Seng Yea
Dr. Seng Yea
Dr. John Chastain
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Mucocele?
A common cause is a blocked minor saliva gland, which is a benign condition.
A swollen area could certainly be from trauma. A long-standing lump could be a benign or cancerous growth. If it has not been there long, it's probably nothing serious, but get it checked out if it doesn't go away.

In brief: Mucocele?
Dr. John Chastain
Dr. John Chastain
Dr. Cindy Juster