I have intermittent (1x/week) sharp pain in the small inside area right below my ankle bone and the bottom of my foot. It occurs randomly when I walk?

In brief: Nerve pain

This could be early signs of tarsal tunnel syndrome.
I suggest you see a podiatrist sooner than later.

In brief: Nerve pain

Dr. Robert Kornfeld
Dr. Robert Kornfeld
Dr. Nika Ferdowsi

In brief: Alignment of Bones

There are many bones in the foot.
Those bones have structures like tendons/ligaments/muscles interacting with them. It could be that the alignment of one of these structures is slightly out. This can happen due to trauma, excessive use, or even just from walking incorrectly. A physician who practices osteopathic manipulative therapy can help evaluate if this is the case.

In brief: Alignment of Bones

There are many bones in the foot.
Dr. Nika Ferdowsi
Dr. Nika Ferdowsi

In brief: Nerve pain

If it is the inside of your ankle you may have irritated the nerve, or you may have a strain of the ligament.

In brief: Nerve pain

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Vikram Patel