My baby's almost a week old, when can I take him outside? And when can I leave the house to do things?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: No official time...

The american academy of pediatrics has no specific age cutoff before going in public.
Airlines need a docs permission if newborn flying is less than 1 week. It's really up to you. The newborn's immune system isn't completely developed yet, so viruses and bacteria can be more harmful. Use common sense, and lots of hand washing. Make sure close contacts have their whooping cough booster (tdap).

In brief: No official time...

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: You be the judge

Newborns are exposed to a variety of germs during delivery and many of them can produce rapid onset of serious disease.
We docs are forced by this process to hospitalize,treat and test babies who come in with fevers under 6-8 weeks of age, so avoiding chance exposures to minor illness can avoid some worrisome procedures. Grocery shop during off hours, dine before or after the rush,avoid people

In brief: You be the judge

Dr. Terence Grogan

In brief: Now

If they are properly dressed or protected from the weather. It also good to leave them with a responsible adult you trust because you need a break for your own well being.
If you had normal delivery with no complications no c- section and you feel ike doing things yes you can if not you shoud consult your fp/obgyn.

In brief: Now

Dr. Terence Grogan
Dr. Terence Grogan
Dr. Shontae Buffington