If I am having temperature sensitivity due to hypothyroidism, am I more susceptible to the extreme summer heat?

Dr. Melissa Young
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Not if managed
If your thyroid hormone levels are normal, you should be no more susceptible to the heat than the average person.

In brief: Not if managed
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Since your level of thyroid function is most definitely associated with how you feel the ambient temperature, i would say most definitely.
What is odd in my experience is that people do not always behave exactly as the books say they should. A person with very low thyroid function may prefer it very hot, but usually any thyroid disorder is associated with not handling hot or cold very well.

Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Peter Kurzweil