If I have high slighty high uric acid and water retention and ankle pain could I have kidney disease? The ankle pain started first a few months ago.

Dr. Michael Klein

In brief: Could be gout

There could be many different things contributing here.
One possibility is the problems are not related... The both water retention and ankle pain could be from being overweight if that is a concern. Another possibility is that you can have gout , which is when elevated uric acid deposits crystals in joints which cause pain. You should review these findings with the doctor that ordered the lab.

In brief: Could be gout

Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Michael Klein

Please have this checked asap.
Pitting edema could be thevsymptommof a few medical problems including kidney, heart and circulation.

Please have this checked asap.
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Peter Kurzweil