I have really white spots on my teeth, is is it from a medicine I took as a child? Is it curable?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Tooth white spots
Many things can cause white spots on the teeth.
They can be a factor of nutrition, genetics, or an excess of Fluoride intake. Sometimes they develop from braces covering areas of the teeth and the natural development of the tooth in children. For more severe discoloration, your doctor may recommend bonding. Of course, this is more expensive than other treatments.

In brief: Tooth white spots
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
In brief: Hypocalcification
These white spots are most likely hypocalcification or excess acids in your system from sodas, regurgitation or gastric muscle problems.
Once this problem is identified, it can be corrected. The easiest to correct is hypocalcification with new oral products that introduce calcium and phosphorus topically onto the tooth thereby forcing these ions to replace any weakened ca and p ions.

In brief: Hypocalcification
Dr. Jerrold Goldsmith
Dr. Jerrold Goldsmith
Dr. Kuzi Hsue
Dentistry
In brief: Maybe, Yes
White spots can be caused by medications, genetics or it can also be a result of excessive use of fluoride.
It can also be a result after braces have been removed. White spots on teeth are actually areas of decalcified enamel which causes teeth deterioration after a while. It can be corrected with crowns or vaneers.

In brief: Maybe, Yes
Dr. Kuzi Hsue
Dr. Kuzi Hsue
Dr. Shontae Buffington