I have a feeling of a lump in my throat...I am pregnant and think it may have something to do with acid reflux..Is this possible?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Absolutely

The muscle that protects the upper part of your food tube hates acid.
Acid from your stomach and acids that you may eat or drink. When this muscle encounters acid it tightens and you feel a lump in your throat. Stop drinking acids like coffee, tea, soda and juices. Don't sleep flat and try some liquid antacids after eating and before bed.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Pablo Arango
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Definitely

Reflux affecting the vocal cords and throat often presents as a lump like feeling in the throat.
The term for this is laryngopharyngeal reflux. Very common in pregnant women.

In brief: Definitely

Dr. Pablo Arango
Dr. Pablo Arango
Dr. Adam Levy