I was diagnosed with minor placental abruption at 19 weeks pregnant. I am now 30 weeks and continue to spot daily. Now the spotting has gotten heavy enough to need a panty liner. Is there anything I can do to protect myself and my baby?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Nightly progesterone

Nightly Progesterone per vaginal applicator could help prolong your pregnancy to 32-34 weeks or beyond.
Bedrest is generally recommended without good scientific data and could increase your risk for clots in your pelvis or legs. Avoid all exercise and keep all your appointments. Do not travel out of town, remain within 15 minute radius from your (preferably large) maternity hospital at all times.

In brief: Nightly progesterone

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu

In brief: Depends

You need to make sure you visit with a high risk pregnancy specialist asap.
He will determine if you need to stay in the hospital or not. Usually active vaginal bleeding like yours require inhouse management. There is a risk of fetal bleeding, as well as maternal.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Jonathan Jassey