My father is 85 years old. Is it normal if his blood pressure 150/90? His leg is dry and itchy, how can I treat this?

Dr. Gerry Tolbert

In brief: High, But Slightly

Normal adult blood pressure without any major medical problems (like diabetes or high cholesterol) tops out around 140/90, so that measurement was a bit high.
He needs to be assessed by his doctor for possible high blood pressure. Not an emergency but within a few weeks. As for the leg, it depends on why it's dry. Small amounts of Hydrocortisone cream may help, but it probably needs checking too.

In brief: High, But Slightly

Dr. Gerry Tolbert
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
Dr. Umesh Patel