I'm planning on asking my psychiatrist to switch me from Zoloft to welbutrin. Can I still take kolonapin with wellbutrin (bupropion)?

Dr. Gregory Hines
You can take both of those meds concurrently.

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Klonopin Wellbutrin (bupropion)
No drug interactions between these 2 drugs are listed.
However, neither should be taken if alcohol is consumed, & you should notify your doc if you are taking any other meds (including otc) &/or supplements on a regular basis as there may be interactions there.

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Provide all details
There is no contraindication to taking these two medications together but it is important that your psychiatrist know how much Klonopin (clonazepam) you are taking as well as the frequency and the pattern of taking it.

In brief: Provide all details
Dr. Michael Blumenfield
Dr. Michael Blumenfield
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Wellbrutin and Klono
Why do you want to switch from zoloft (sertraline) to wellbrutin.
You should discuss it with your psychiatrist, espacially when you are taking Klonopin as well. Excessive use or abrupt discontinuation of Klonopin after chronic ingestion may precitipate seizures in patients takin wellbrutin.

In brief: Wellbrutin and Klono
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna