I have chronic high blood pressure during pregnancy...Does this mean I will develope preeclamsia? This is my first baby and I take medication.

Dr. Vance Harris
In brief: HTN and preeclampsia
High blood pressure during pregnancy, whether you develop the condition before or after conception, requires special care.
Sometimes high blood pressure is present before pregnancy. In other cases, high blood pressure develops during pregnancy. Either way you're going to need special care during pregnancy. It does not mean the you will develop preeclampsia. The risk is still there. Get good care.

In brief: HTN and preeclampsia
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Quresh Khairullah
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: See below
Yes hypertension is a risk factor for preecclampsia neeeds to be monitored closely.

In brief: See below
Dr. Quresh Khairullah
Dr. Quresh Khairullah
Dr. Steven Seres