I get these sharp chest pains that will last for a couple of hours and the pain goes striaght through to my back it hurts worse I lay down. What is it?

Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery
In brief: Gallbladder disease
Gallbladder disease or passing a gallstone and can feel like stabbing pain into your back.
The severity can be so intense, like a heart attack. Fatty foods make it worse. Some positions can make it better. Your doc will get blood labs and ultrasound to make diagnosis.

In brief: Gallbladder disease
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Robert Stuart
In brief: Get evaluated
While i can't diagnose your condition with any certainty, these symptoms could be caused by disease in your aorta.
A ct scan of your chest or an aortic ultrasound should be done. Is there any family history of aneurisms?

In brief: Get evaluated
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Robert Stuart
Mahek Shah
General Practice
In brief: See doc immediately
Depending on your age (it says you're 29) , but if you're having sharp chest pains that alone is concerning.
If you think its closer to your stomach and radiate to your back, this could be a sign of acute pancreatitis. Often in young people however, the sharp chest pain can be inflammation of the ribcage or costochondritis which can often feel like a heart attack.

In brief: See doc immediately
Mahek Shah
Mahek Shah
Answer assisted by Mahek Shah, Medical Student
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology