20 month old healthy back of neck rt side below ear found a lump dr felt it and said it was a normal gland. Should I get a second opinion ?

In brief: Lymph glands in neck
There is likely never a week gone by in decades, without some worried parent or relative bringing me an infant or older kid with lumps in the neck that are healthy reactive lymph nodes.
There are probably a dozen or more located in the neck that remain pea sized until stimulated by bug bites, drainage or a rash.They enlarge for wks then shrink back to resting size.Recheck if large >4wks.

In brief: Lymph glands in neck
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
In brief: Not Necessary
What you're feeling is very likely a lymph node.
Some physicians call them glands as a slang term. It's part of the body's fluid reclamation system. If your child has 'cradle cap' or seborrhea, a node like this can be a normal occurrence. If you notice other swelling or this one gets more prominent, have your physician recheck it.

In brief: Not Necessary
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
Dr. Gerry Tolbert
Dr. Cindy Juster