How do I know if I am having implantation bleeding or my period?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Timing and testing

If sexually active and there is not a normal period, then testing for pregnancy would be useful.
If spotting then a typical amount of bleeding in a day or so, especially if not sexually active, then "watchful waiting" is common. If any doubt or problems, then a call to an obgyn provider and/or home pregnancy test would be important. Also i apologize for images added to my answer to this question.

In brief: Timing and testing

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Robert Stackman

In brief: Cycle Date Diary

Is this the normal time of your cycle also quality of bleeding is it the same flow coagulation color.

In brief: Cycle Date Diary

Dr. Robert Stackman
Dr. Robert Stackman
Dr. Jane Van Dis