I have high cholesterol 230, diet does not help, what should I do?

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine

In brief: It depends

Cholesterol is made up of LDL (bad), HDL (good), and triglycerides (bad).
You need a fasting cholesterol check to see what your ldl, HDL and trigs are. Your LDL goal is based on your individual risk factors, so talk it over with your healthcare provider - you may or may not need a medicine. A good resource for further cholesterol or other prevention information if my health checklist 2012.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Robert Stackman

In brief: Niacin Slow Release

First step before statin drug therapy no liver or muscular dangers.

In brief: Niacin Slow Release

Dr. Robert Stackman
Dr. Robert Stackman
Pathology

In brief: See Doctor

There are multiple steps that should be considered in consultation with your doctor and these include, weight loss, restriction of saturated fats, increase in physical activity, and medications such as statins.

In brief: See Doctor