Is it normal to get rips/tears in the vaginal opening when I lose my virginity? Will they heal and how long? I'm so afraid they will heal separated!

Dr. Leto Quarles
In brief: Hymen, not vagina
The hymen is a thin web or sheet of tissue partly across the opening of the vagina, which does tear when you first have intercourse (or with other injury).
The vagina itself is made of stretchy tissue & strong muscles and will not tear. Once the hymen is torn it does not grow back. It's normal to bleed a few drops with first intercourse, but no damage. People have been doing it for 1000s of years!

In brief: Hymen, not vagina
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham