How would I determine if my family members are a match for bone marrow transplant?

HLA testing. Blood is drawn for sophisticated testing called hla testing. It takes about 3 weeks to get test results and compare with the recipient's hla testing.
Blood test. Matching involves typing human leukocyte antigen (hla) tissue. The antigens on the surface of these special white blood cells determine the genetic make-up of a person's immune system. There are at least 100 hla antigens; however, it is believed that there are a few major antigens that determine whether a donor and recipient match. The others are considered "minor" and their effect on a successful.