I have scaly skin on both sides of my tongue. Doesn't look inflamed just ugly. Don't know how long. Been around, hand, ft, mouth disease recently. ?

In brief: Normal

The sides of the tongue are normally scaly / bumpy looking.
Hand foot and m disease does not present like that usually. However, keep an eye on things and see a doc if symptoms change.

In brief: Normal

Dr. Keerti Sahasrabudhe
Dr. Keerti Sahasrabudhe
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Geographic Tongue

Geographic tongue is a harmless condition affecting the surface of your tongue.
The tongue is normally covered with tiny, pinkish-white bumps (papillae). With geographic tongue, patches on the surface of the tongue are missing papillae and appear as smooth, red "islands, " often with slightly raised borders. The cause is poorly understood.

In brief: Geographic Tongue

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher