My knee keeps swelling it hurts, I dislocated it bout 4 years ago...What can I do? Its feels like its turing over when I walk! I've used ice an heat

Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Consult Orthopedics
This sounds like a complicated orthopedic surgery problem. You should consult an orthopedic surgeon.
The swelling and symptoms you describe are certainly not normal and suggest a major joint problem. Exam, x-rays, and MRI will likely be needed. Treatments could include therapy, bracing, anti-inflammatory meds, injections, and possibly surgery. You should not let this persist.

In brief: Consult Orthopedics
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine
In brief: Patella instability
It sounds like you may have some chronic patella instability.
While ice, nsaids and quad strengthening may help, i would suggest an orthopedic exam she may ultimately require a surgical procedure to correct the problems if conservative treatment is not sufficient to eradicate the symptoms.

In brief: Patella instability
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Benjamin Taylor
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Long road
If you dislocated your kneecap, you may have residual instability.
Have you done any therapy? You may need reconstruction of a ligament in your knee if you are continuing to have problems this far out from your injury. It sounds like you would benefit from an MRI and a physical exam by an orthopedic surgeon or sports medicine doc to see exactly what is going on inside of your knee.

In brief: Long road
Dr. Benjamin Taylor
Dr. Benjamin Taylor
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine