There is mucus in my stool and it hasn't gone since two weeks. I'm under medication but the doctor wants to do a colonoscopy on me. I'm 19 n scared?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Sounds appropriate
Your doctor's decision is a good one.
Understand how you could be anxious about undergoing this procedure, but generally it is done under sedation so that you are not likely to remember what took place. As for the results, it is better to know what you are dealing with than to go on medications without a specific diagnosis. Good luck.

In brief: Sounds appropriate
Your doctor's decision is a good one.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. David Stein
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Don't be afraid!
Colonoscopy is safe and very effective at figuring out problems in the colon.
If the mucous is persistent - you want to make sure there is noting going on that requires further treatment. Sometimes a bad GI infection can do it and sometimes colitis can cause it. Either way the smart move is be safe and figure out what is going on!

In brief: Don't be afraid!
Dr. David Stein
Dr. David Stein
Dr. Cindy Juster