I get enough sleep, but i'm always tired because of re scheduling my sleep times and my packed schedule. W/o coffee, how can I make myself more alert?

Dr. Robert Woods
In brief: Sleep Evaluation
Certainly maintaining a regular sleep schedule and practicing good "sleep hygiene" might improve your tiredness.
But if you feel you are getting enough sleep and still feel tired, i would recommend that you contact your primary care physician, schedule an appointment, and have a more comprehensive evaluation. For info on "sleep hygiene": http://www.Webmd.Com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-hygiene.

In brief: Sleep Evaluation
Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Robert Woods
Dr. Andrew Ho
In brief: Not enough sleep
There is more to fully restorative sleep than simply counting up the total hours.
How are you feeling after first waking up, before work? Total sleep time requirement also varies depending on what you have been doing to your body and mind. You are wise to not just rely on taking stimulants, such as coffee, to cover symptom. It is much better in the long run to figure out why you are still tired.

In brief: Not enough sleep
Dr. Andrew Ho
Dr. Andrew Ho
Dr. Marsha Davis