I heard a vasectomy will cause vasitis. What does this mean and is it serious?

Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Yes, but...

Vasitis is a technical term for inflammation of vas deferens, from which surgeon removes a section of about 2-3 cm so to complete vasectomy for male contraception.
All viable tissues of body will react to any injury to them with inflammation to complete healing process. So, some degree of vasitis is normally expected ; in time resolved uneventfully although occasionally, few patients may have pain.

In brief: Yes, but...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. Terence Grogan

In brief: Nothing

I think you are thinking of varicocele.
Which is not a known complication. It is not usually a problem unless it is causing pain. Vasectomy is a relative safe procedure . Hematoma, infection, sperm granuloma are known but rare complications. If your thinking of having a vasectomy talk to your family doctor. He/she will be glad to discuss this with you.

In brief: Nothing

I think you are thinking of varicocele.
Dr. Terence Grogan
Dr. Terence Grogan
Dr. William Forsythe