How long do people with thrombocytopenia have to take anagralide?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: ET
anagrelide is not indicated for thrombocytopenia.
It is one of drugs used in essential thrombocythemia - i.e. having too much platelets. discuss with your hematologist in detail. anagrelide is not my first line therapy for ET. if you are on anagrelide- you may want to discuss with your MD about option of switching it when you grow older to other medication like hydroxyurea.

In brief: ET
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: You mean Anagrelide?
Apparently there is no such thing as anagralide, but Anagrelide is used to treat thrombocythemia or high platelet count rather than thrombocytopenia or low platelet count.
It is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor, and inhibits pde-3 and phospholipase a2. Because of the liklihood of increased bone marrow fibrosis, and other side effects, it is not recommended as a first line therapy.

In brief: You mean Anagrelide?
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods