How does evista (raloxifene) increase bone density?

Lowering bone loss. Bone is constantly being broken down for repair and being rebuilt. Evista, (raloxifene) which in bone is similar to estrogen, slows down the cells that breakdown bone, the formation or rebuilding continues so that the density increases.
Estrogen agonist. It is a selective estrogen receptor modulator. (serm). It binds to the estrogen receptors ina way acting like estrogen to decrease bone resorption and bone turnover thereby increasing bone density. It is not estrogen and is safe for women who can't take estrogen. It can still cause blood lots so be careful.