I have been diagnosed with major depression but never have thoughts of suicide?

Depression symptoms. Many people with depression don't have thoughts of suicide. Some do have thoughts of death or suicide without a specific plan. It's different for each person. But, everyone who has a depression diagnosis has a depressed, sad, or empty mood (in children or adolescents this may be characterized as an irritable mood). Effective treatments are available, so keep working with your doctor to get better.
Symptoms. I am glad you asked the question. While suicidal ideation is often linked to major depression it is only one of several criteria that make up the disorder. You may be experiencing some of the other symptoms for more than 2 weeks including: depressed mood, diminished interests, weight changes, sleep pattern changes, agitation, , fatigue, feeling feelings of worthlessness, or trouble concentrating.
See below... Thoughts of suicide are not always present in depression. Treatment is still indicated, though, & u deserve to feel better. Psychotherapy with or without meds is indicated.