Can a registered nurse make a diagnosis of rape or sexual assault, or is that a legal term?

FNP's & Exams. There are nurse specialists in different areas of medicine, including psychiatry & ob-gyn. In certain states, nurse practitioners (np's) also can practice independently and make diagnoses based on clinical findings. If an np examined a patient and found genital or rectal injuries, s/he could diagnose (or confirm) a forced entry. Such exams might be done in an er or clinic.
Forced sexual entry. Or any sex act performed by force on an unwilling recipient. Traces of semen on a victim can be used as legal proof of rape. Such samples can be obtaioned by a nurse or doctor and tested by legal order. Perpertrators are mostly male, however women can also perpetrate rape using an instrument on another female or male. Diagnosis of these can only be supected by finding of genital or rectal injury.