How fast can I exercise after sclerotherapy?

Dr. Mark Nielsen
Phlebology

In brief: Soon!

Recommendations as to when you can resume exercise vary from physician to physician.
Generally, however, one can resume exercise immediately after sclerotherapy. It is also important, however, that.

In brief: Soon!

Dr. Mark Nielsen
Dr. Mark Nielsen

In brief: Post Sclerotherapy

I recommend that my patients exercise immediately following sclerotherapy to reduce likelihood of deep vein thrombosis, which is rare.
Others recommend no exercise, presumably to reduce venodilation, which could theoretically recanalize the veins (?). There is no hard data to support one recommendtion over the other.

In brief: Post Sclerotherapy

Dr. Hratch Karamanoukian
Dr. Hratch Karamanoukian
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: Exercise and Sclero

I do not limit any types of exercise post sclerotherapy.
Patients can resume all types of exercise immediately post treatment. I do recommend compression for 48 hours post treatment and no soaking in a hot tub or hot bath for 48 hours post treatment.

In brief: Exercise and Sclero

Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Comfortably

My generaly advice is: anything you can do comfortably, is ok to do.
If it hurts, don't do it.

In brief: Comfortably

If it hurts, don't do it.
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: As you would like

I advise patients to wear stockings & to do at least 30 minutes of aerobic activity each day for a week after sclerotherapy.
Common activities are walking, biking & treadmill, at whatever pace they like. I recommend they avoid heavy weight lifting for a one week period. One practical point- it may not be comfortable to do vigorous aerobic activity since they will be wearing stockings.

In brief: As you would like

Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine