Can a detached retina change your eye if left untreated?

3 types of this: Rhegmatogenous (from retinal tears) and tractional retinal detachments (from scar tissue) can cause loss of vision and perhaps of the eye. Serous retinal detachments are different: they are from tumors, inflammation, congenital defects, vascular disease, etc. You must see a retina specialist to decipher this.
Yes. Not sure what you mean by change? But retinal detachment left untreated can lead to blindness and or pthisis (shutting down of the eye and shrinkage) leading to cosmetic concerns and possibly severe pain and ultimately the need for removal of the eye.