Does the medication aromasin (exemestane) cause abdominal pain?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Not likely
Abdominal side effects from medication is very common, and usually near the top of these lists.
It is not a common one with this medication. Abdominal pain, in general, is caused by distention of intestinal wall or spasm of the wall. The number of causes can fill a book. To complicate it, 'referred pain' means the pain is felt distant from the source. E.G. Chest pain may be felt in the gut.

In brief: Not likely
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Wayne Wolf
Surgery
In brief: No
Not a direct known side effect.
Ask your doctor if switching to another medication or further work up is needed.

In brief: No
Not a direct known side effect.
Dr. Wayne Wolf
Dr. Wayne Wolf
Dr. Paul Harper
Surgery
In brief: No
I am not aware that this treatment for advanced breast cancer causes abdominal pain.
I have had several patients on this medication and have not seen this side effect.

In brief: No
Dr. Paul Harper
Dr. Paul Harper
Dr. Marsha Davis