I was started on a blood pressure medicine for raynauds even though I don't have high blood pressure?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Opens blood vessels
We use blood pressure medications in raynauds quite often because raynauds is caused by closing of small blood vessels and capillaries particulary in the hands and feet which then cause the symptoms of raynauds.
Blood presure medications help keep the blood vessels open and then decrease the symptoms of raynauds.

In brief: Opens blood vessels
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. John Goldman
calcium channel blood pressure medications are used often; also bystolic can. It depends on you clincial status
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: If Nifedipine XL
If Nifedipine xl, the correct thing to do.

In brief: If Nifedipine XL
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Dr. Marsha Davis