Why do I have really prominent veins on my hands?

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology
In brief: Swollen hand veins.
Hand veins can swell for many reasons but the most common is certainly hereditary .
Other factors would be level of hydration, aging, sun exposure and loss of elasticity and volume. Actually, I am amazed at the amount of women that i see with bulging hand veins. They can be easily treated with laser or sclerotherapy and usually a combination of both.

In brief: Swollen hand veins.
Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Aesthetic Medicine
In brief: Usually aging
Prominent hand veins are common as we get older. The skin gets thinner, we lose some of the fat volume in the hands, and veins tend to dilate over time- all making them more visible.
Vigorous exercise can also cause prominent hand veins.

In brief: Usually aging
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Steven Zimmet
Dr. Adam Smith