What are some fears or phobias that most people or many people have?

Dr. L. Kevin Chapman
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Animals & Heights
Fear of animals, heights, blood (or medical procedures such as needles), and flying are the most frequently occurring phobias in clinical samples in that order (barlow, 2002; bourdon et al.
, 1988). My work suggests african americans report more animal fears than other groups (chapman et al., 2008; chapman et al., 2011). Public speaking, part of social phobia, is most common "fear" in general.

In brief: Animals & Heights
Dr. L. Kevin Chapman
Dr. L. Kevin Chapman
Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Heights, Small Rooms
Probably two of the most common fears are related to a fear of heights (acrophobia) and a fear of small or closed in spaces (claustrophobia).
Another common area of fearfulness has to do with fears of social or public settings (agoraphobia). There are many others.

In brief: Heights, Small Rooms
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes