Is ibuprofen ok to take if you have phlebitis?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

Ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) so it or other nsaids can be used for the pain & inflammation of phlebitis—unless you have a condition that might preclude its use such as bleeding ulcers, clotting disorders, taking Coumadin (warfarin) or other blood thinners.

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: Yes.

Ibuprofen is considered one of the recommended treatments for superficial phlebitis but not deep phlebitis.
Nsaid's such as motrin, advil and naprosyn (naproxen) are also used frequently. Wet heat to the area will also give symptomatic relief. It is vey important to prove that your problem is localized and only superficial. I would see a vein specialist for an evaluation and possible venous ultrasound.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. Shontae Buffington