Why are kids not doing enough exercise during the summers?

Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: Agree with Dr. Yoder

I would add, though, that many of our kids are not doing enough exercise during the other three seasons either! i tell my patients that they need some exercise daily, and that the only day they are allowed to not exercise at all is the day of their funeral (which, i add, i hope won't come for a hundred years or so).

In brief: Agree with Dr. Yoder

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Pam Yoder
These kids look very healthy, heat or no heat. And I am proud to say I know three of them personally.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Just make it MoSoLo

A picture is worth a thousand words so click on this one.
These students and their friends used their bikes to socialize and mobilize locally despite soaring heat. If teens really want to do something, they will do it. But having ac, cars and mobile devices can be a fitness disincentive for many kids and parents. Start by setting a good example for your family and let me know what happens @drpam.

In brief: Just make it MoSoLo

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Susan McCreadie
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Shift in Culture

Not long ago raising a fit family was easy.
Kids walked to and from school, had more recess time and more gym classes. Children spent more time playing, and less time sitting in front of a tv, computer or video game. It's a shift in attitude and behaviors as a family that result in more fun and fitness. http://getrealforkids.com/resources/real-parenting/fitness/2510-fitness-is-a-shift-in-attitude#.

In brief: Shift in Culture

Dr. Susan McCreadie
Dr. Susan McCreadie
Dr. Ward Dean
Board Certified, Anti-Aging Medicine