What is a good medication for both panic disorder and social anxiety?

Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: Most SSRIS
Both respond to ssris.

In brief: Most SSRIS
Both respond to ssris.
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Panic anxiety
Ssri group work, such as zoloft and lexapro, also Xanax (alprazolam) and Klonopin and ativan.

In brief: Panic anxiety
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: No Benzos
I would avoid medications in the class called benzodiazapines, as they can become habit forming.
These include medications such as klonopin, xanax (alprazolam) and ativan. They are commonly prescribed and it is very easy to get hooked. I like to try the medications Buspirone and/or nortriptyline for my patients with anxiety. Both are available at walmart for $4.00.

In brief: No Benzos
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer