Will a pediatric optometrist detect something that a regular optometrist might not?

In brief: Confusing question
In decades of pediatric work I have never heard of a pediatric optometrist.
I know several who enjoy working with kids, but i know of no certification for this area. There are pediatric ophthalmologists, who do a fellowship in eye muscle surgery and focus on kid care, perhaps you are confusing the two disciplines.

In brief: Confusing question
Dr. Jon Fishburn
In my hometown, the local newspaper has advertisements for "pediatric optometrist", "neurosensory optometrist", & "primary care optometric physician". Now, don't you find that confusing!
Dr. Matheson Harris
Ophthalmology
In brief: Maybe
Specialists in any field tend to be tuned in to certain problems more than generalists, but in most cases a generalist will at least know there is a problem and make an appropriate referral.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Matheson Harris
Dr. Matheson Harris
Dr. Shontae Buffington