I suffered from an acute oculogyric crisis could my Zoloft (sertraline) cause this?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: EPS from zoloft (sertraline)

Extrapyramidal symptoms are rare with antidepressants such as zoloft (sertraline) & occur in less than 1%.
Is seen if high dose zoloft (sertraline) or if zoloft (sertraline) is taken along with other medications that inhibit liver breakdown of zoloft (sertraline) and hence cause accumulation in body and side effects.

In brief: EPS from zoloft (sertraline)

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Pamela Pappas

This is a relatively rare side effect of zoloft, (sertraline) but it can occur. The one study i saw about this, showed 84% of patients affected with this, were women.
But the overall incidence was only ~.03% of patients.

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas