Is it still possible that my vision will return to normal after cataract surgery.?

Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology
In brief: Normal?
Depends on what you mean by normal.
You can get your vision back, you may need glasses for distance and near, or distance / near only. I believe for your question the answer would be yes.

In brief: Normal?
Depends on what you mean by normal.
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Postop vision
If your eye is healthy other than your cataract, surgery should restore your vision completely.
If you have other eye disease, then your vision may not be completely restored after surgery.

In brief: Postop vision
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Lawrence Judy
In brief: Not entirely
The eye changes the focus of the natural lens by muscles pulling the len edges, changing its shape.
As we age the lens can become stiff, usually resulting in changes in near vision requiring reading glasses. The standard plastic replacement lens has a fixed focus resulting in better vision but without any adjustability. Glasses or contacts can further correct the vision.

In brief: Not entirely
Dr. Lawrence Judy
Dr. Lawrence Judy
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery